Friday, July 29, 2011

Who, What, Why? Answered for you!

Is every body in your family doing this "diet"?
What is your new "diet"?
Why are you doing this "diet"?

I have heard these questions and many more since my family has started eating healthier. I am here to answer these questions and any more that you might have. Starting here with these questions above... and it starts....... NOW!!!




Is every body in your family doing this "diet"?


My answer is simply yes and no..... :) Simple right?!


My husband said at the beginning, "You just cook and I will eat it." So that is what he has done. He eats what we have here for breakfast, then for lunch he does his own thing at work, (which is usually not in our "diet") and dinner is again home.


My kids do, because I cook for them!


And I do.


As far as parents, sibling, aunts, uncles .... no. They ask many questions about it, and sometimes try recipes and help me find new ones, but it is an independent idea. Anybody is free to join in if you want! :)




What exactly is our new "diet"?


This is by far the most frequently asked question.

At first I often answered with a "it is vegan, but not vegan."

For some reason that answer didnt satisfy people, I dont know why!

So I have learned to describe it a little better. We never, or rarely, eat animal products. We do rarely eat eggs (from my mother-in-laws chickens).

I am more likely to eat fresh caught fish than something out of the freezer section at our grocery store, but we do try to avoid animal products all together.

We dont eat foods with preservatives, or processed foods. The more natural the better. :)

Fresh fruit and veggies from a garden? PERFECT!! Wheat from my husbands family fields? GREAT!!! Hot dogs packaged who knows where, with who knows what inside? NO!




Now, there are times when we stay at a family members house, or somebody takes us out to eat. In these situations we eat what is given to us. I don't want to be a pain, a bother, or anything. Moderation.... right? We eat natural at home, but we are not militant.

That's what we dont eat, what we Do it is

Lots of veggies, fruits, grains, beans, nuts, honey..... etc....




This should answer the what..... any more questions just comment and I will try to answer them.






Why are you doing this "diet"?


This too is a frequently asked question.

This one has never been difficult for me to answer.

Just like my blog title... JUST TO BE HEALTHY!


My family has a history of cancer.

My sister-in-law (has stage 4 breast cancer) she mentioned a book called "The Anti-Cancer book" it talks about eating more veggies, grains, and less meat.


I researched it. Another book that was suggested to me by a friend is "The China Study" It is amazing what I found...simply stated (with all the boring facts, book titles, and statistics) there are connections between what you eat, and your risks of cancers and disease. (again, I can go more in depth if you wish, just let me know).



Jeremy's family has a very scary and dangerous liver problem that many of his relatives have died from. Jeremy was tested positive for it when he was younger and I want him to live a LONG and HEALTHY life, so I am doing what I can to make that happen.


In the end, if I die of cancer, and Jeremy from liver disease, I will still be happy with our "diet".


It makes me FEEL GOOD! I have energy, I feel light and happy.


I have been told my skin, and hair look good, I have lost weight.


I like to watch my kids eat black beans, brown rice, and broccoli for dinner and not chicken nuggets and fries.






I say "diet" because it is not a diet to loose weight, or fit into a new pair of jeans, or to get back to my pre-baby weight (which i might need). But it is a new healthier way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment