Thursday, June 2, 2011

Potatoes, Quinoa and Steam Veggies

Potatoes, Quinoa and Steamed Veggies I'm a fan


Potatoes, washed and sliced however you like them
Coconut oil (I recommend this, ITS GREAT!!) or olive oil, enough to coat potatoes well (coconut oil is best to fry with)
Seasonings to taste, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, etc.

In large frying pan heat oil. Add the potatoes and seasonings cook on a fairly high heat turning frequently until browned and kind of crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.

Quinoa and Steamed Veggies

2 cups Quinoa
4 cups Water
Favorite fresh or frozen veggie mix


Ruth's additions: I did it basically exactly like the recipe said, when I cooked the Quinoa I cooked it in broth (yes in the rice cooker) and added garlic, pepper, and basil! YUM!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love a tortilla wrap with veggies, quinoa, provolone, and Italian dressing!!! Mmmmm yum!

    ReplyDelete